Synopsis/Book Blurb and Praise for The VanOps Series
This is the latest in the Van Ops series by International multi-award-winning and Amazon #1 bestselling author, Avanti Centrae.
- Purchase link: http://mybook.to/Amazon_DoomsdayMedalli
- Genre: Espionage Thriller
- Print length: 376 pages
- Age range: This is an adult novel but suitable for mature teens age 16+
- Trigger warnings: None
- Amazon Rating: This is a new book, not yet rated. The author’s previous Van Ops books are multi-award winning (see below) and have several hundred Amazon reviews with an average 4 star rating.
About The Doomsday Medallion
A covert operative’s first mission might be her last. Can Maddy Marshall and her fellow VanOps officers keep foreign operatives from stealing powerful secrets used by the prophet Nostradamus to see the future?
Aikido black belt Maddy Marshall is celebrating the completion of her black ops training when news of a military takeover in the South China Sea shocks the world because it was predicted by a sixteen-year-old French student. When intel chatter spells danger to Avril, the young seer, VanOps Director Bowman assigns Maddy and her twin brother, Will, to protect the girl.
Emotions between the siblings are running hot due to their aunt’s recent stroke, which has reminded them of the childhood accident that scarred both his chin and her heart. Tensions ratchet higher when they arrive at Avril’s home to find the instant social media star has been kidnapped, leaving them with only clenched fists and cryptic clues that lead to a sixteenth-century formula encoded on an etched-bronze medallion.
While Taiwan fears an invasion that will set off an apocalyptic chain of events, Maddy and Will race through medieval French towns, Italian cathedrals, and ancient Greek temples attempting to find Avril before their enemies use the girl to discover the Holy Grail of military intelligence. If the team fails, they won’t need a crystal ball to know millions of innocent souls will be destined to join Nostradamus in the afterlife.
REVIEW ~ NIKI PRESTON ~ 4 STARS
The Doomsday Medallion is full of suspense and intrigue. I was hooked immediately. The story kicks off pretty quickly with a young 16 year girl who predicts an invasion of a small Island that no one in any of the Services even had on their radar. For Me Avril is an intriguing character, somewhat of a loner who loves to have conversations with her pet Lizard. She gives him a voice almost as though he were her conscience. She knows she has a gift for predicting the future and uses her favourite video sharing platform Tik Tok to share them. She doesn’t show her face, instead using her pet as her avatar. She very quickly becomes high interest to Military Intelligence services. Someone needs to save her. But can they succeed?
This whole book is action packed and full of espionage, in fighting between the twins Maddy and Will. Well researched History plays a huge part as they try to find Avril before anyone else. Avanti Centrae has an awesome writing style that keeps the readers interest with some edge of your seat moments. You quickly pick a side to be on and you will them to succeed. The Publisher blurb is really more than enough to peak anyone’s interest. I am not going to waffle on about the book plot as its all there and I don’t want to give any spoilers. This is an utterly brilliant fast paced thriller, written with class and style. This is book 3 is the Vanops series however I did not read the previous ones so The Doomsday Medallion certainly stands up by itself as well. If you love great character driven complex, epic thrillers then this is the book for you.
Praise for The Doomsday Medallion
“Twenty-first century high-tech meets the sixteenth century’s most famous seer. Can he help the VanOps team avert a world war, save a teenage influencer, and heal a family rift? Avanti Centrae leads us on an action-packed, high-stakes journey through ancient European landmarks in search of a secret so powerful it can explain the past and predict the future.” —Al Pessin, multi-awardwinning author of the Task Force Epsilon thrillers, Sandblast, Blowback, and Shock Wave.
Praise for the VanOps Series
- “VanOps: The Lost Power opens a tantalizing new series that combines historical mystery and cutting-edge science into a masterwork of international intrigue–with the promise of more to follow. Written with a dynamic, cinematic style and full of action and suspense, here’s a book that defines page-turner.” — James Rollins, the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Crucible
- “…a good ole’ fashioned rip-roaring adventure from start to finish. Enjoy the ride.” — Steve Berry, New York Times bestselling author
- “VanOps: The Lost Power takes readers on a fast-paced roller coaster of a ride across the globe in a top-notch thriller with high-stakes and plenty of edge-of-seat action.” — Robin Burcell, NYT bestselling author of The Last Good Place and (co-written with Clive Cussler) The Oracle.
- “From Mexico to Jordan, the action never stops until the nail-biter of a conclusion.” — Chico Enterprise Record
Awards for the VanOps Series
- The Lost Power:
- Genre Grand-Prize Winner – 2017 Chanticleer International Book Awards
- Honorable Mention — 2018 Hollywood Book Festival
- Bronze medal — 2019 Wishing Shelf Book Awards
- Solstice Shadows:
- Global Thriller Genre Grand-Prize Winner — 2019 Chanticleer International Book Awards
- Adventure Bronze Medal Winner — 2020 Readers’ Favorite Awards
About the Author
International multi-award-winning and Amazon #1 bestselling author who blends intrigue, history, science, and mystery into pulse-pounding action thrillers.
Avanti Centrae is the author of the international multi-award-winning VANOPS thriller series. Her father served as a U.S. marine corporal in Okinawa, gathering military intelligence during the first decade after the Korean War. Her work has been compared to that of James Rollins, Steve Berry, Dan Brown, and Clive Cussler but has a voice all its own. She resides in Northern California with her family and German Shepherds.
With Thanks for the Advance Reader Copy to …
Blackthorn Book Tours https://henryroitours.com/